Back by popular demand, we will have a great arrival reception on Friday evening at the world famous Big Muddy Brewery along with some great barbecue from World Champion Pat's Barbecue.
We try and keep the costs down, so this year registration will be only $20 for current SARL members, $30 for non-SARL members, and only $10 for PIC students.
We welcome newbie racers as well as our experienced buddies. Newbie racers should know that in cross country air racing, the fastest aircraft go first and the slowest depart last. The intent is to minimize passing on the course, making for a much safer race than Reno style pylon racing. There will be an extensive and mandatory pilot's briefing at 9:30, race day. Make sure you are fueled up and 100% ready to go before the briefing!
Here is last year's course. This year's course may be different. Keep tuned to this web site for changes!
Here is the 137 sm course, with lots of turns! We will also have a short course for slower aircraft. Check the links on the right for registration. Sign up today! The registration links may not show up on a tablet or smart phone, so just go here: Big Muddy Air Race registration.
Start at KMDH.
- Turn 1: Where the taxiway meets the ramp- KPJY N37° 58.617' W89° 21.755'
- Turn 2: NW corner of main hangar - KSAR N38° 8.639' W89° 42.076'
- Turn 3: East end of Chester Bridge, Visitor's Center building, just east of the bridge. - N37°54.259' W89°50.035'
- Turn 4: East end of Grand Tower Suspension Bridge - N37°38.522' W89°30.811'
- Turn 5: Hwy 3 crosses Big Muddy River - N37°33.653' W89°28.275'
- Turn 6: Cape Bridge Levee, N37°17.739' W89°30.371'
- Turn 7: Jonesboro Town Square N37°27.086' W89°16.095'
- Turn 8: Yellow Water Tower, Makanda, IL - N37°36.848' W89°13.972'
- Finish Line: Rwy 36L at KMDH
Here is the sectional view.
The registration links may not show up on a tablet or smart phone, so just go here: Big Muddy Air Race registration.